Everyone needs a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. When you’re allergic to gluten though, finding treats like a traditional cookie is very challenging.
I found out in high school that I was allergic to gluten, so really I’ve been gluten free before it was even cool. At the time, there were barely any gluten free products available in stores and it was nearly impossible to find a restaurant that catered to gluten free. Now, gluten free is all the rage! You can find gluten free options on many restaurant menus, and grocery stores now have sections dedicated to gluten free products.
That’s great all in all, but one of the best moments of my gluten free life was when my husband and I were staying at a small inn in Sonoma. During turn down service, they left us cookies and milk. I was sad when I first saw them; they looked so good, but there was no way they could be gluten free. I looked down at the note left with them and was shocked to read, “GLUTEN FREE”!!! I loved them so much I asked for the recipe, and to my surprise, they gave it to me. These cookies are to die for and even those who love gluten filled foods won’t know the difference!
This recipe makes about 70 cookies, which is a HUGE batch. I always make the full batch and then freeze already portioned out cookies. That way, in the future, all I have to do is pull them out of the freezer, put them on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven for a bit longer than normal.
You will need a food scale for this recipe. You can buy one for $15 on Amazon and it will work just fine!
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 lb 10 oz Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lb butter – softened
- 14 oz light brown sugar
- 12 oz granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Cream the butter with the sugars, then add eggs one at a time
- Beat in the vanilla
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until smooth, mix lightly just to incorporate
- Mix in the chocolate chips evenly and transfer to a large bowl
- Refrigerate overnight before baking
- Bake at 300 degrees for 9-10 minutes
- Try not to eat all of them at one! 🙂